Sunday 9 June 2013

The beginning of the end - relaxed to natural hair journey


Hey loves,

So after 15 years of my creamy crack addiction, I've decided to see whether I wanna battle the relaxed to natural hair. My original hair is soft and was a light brown with blonde baby hairs (so random lol), but I begged to have it relaxed and permanently straight when I was younger and my Mum let me.
However, now older and wiser, I don't really want to use chemicals on my hair anymore, and feel that I want to embrace my hairs natural form.
I know it will be a emotional journey, I always say I am not my hair, but if we are honest the media doesn't exactly praise and promote afro hair.

Having watched a few vids on YT I have managed to locate Palmers Olive Oil - Sulfate and Paraben free hair shampoo - cannot wait to try it.

The pic below you can see my natural waves coming through as I haven't relaxed in a hot min.

So - watch this space - and lets see how this journey goes.

Will I ever go back to the creamy crack?




For more up to date #fotd / #ootd and new buys be sure to follow me on instagram: http://instagram.com/cherrimocha/ and twitter: @Cherrimocha

4 comments:

  1. Interested in seeing how this goes. Love watching a good hair journey :) Good luck! x

    sittingwitty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sweets!stay tuned.
      Be sure to follow and sub to my YT Channel x

      Delete
  2. Do you know know how long you want to transition for? I'm 13 months in and it's way easier than I thought.
    Good luck anyway x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to BC real soon, hate the two textures together now. My natural hairs so soft compared to the stringy relaxed ends lol.
      You've done really well 13months! good luck too xx

      Delete

Feel free to comment dolls!...